I’m very excited to be revealing the cover for debut author K.A. Barker! I got super excited when I was approached to do a cover reveal for this book. Debut, young adult, fantasy, and being published in Australia. Ticks all of my boxes!
It also sounds super exciting. I am keen to take a look at this beauty when it’s released!
– Giveaway is held by K.A. Barker. Details from her are below. (:
Plluuusss, John Marsden has said good things about it! (eek!)
About the author
K. A. Barker is a twenty-something writer from Brisbane, Australia. She writes books about imaginary places and impossible deeds. Her first Young Adult novel, The Book of Days, is due out in September from Pan Macmillan Australia. She is fond of dirigibles, good books, shower singing, cheesy adventure movies, and time periods not her own.
Give away details also posted on K.A. Barker’s website.
To celebrate the cover reveal of The Book of Days, I’m giving you not one, not two, but three ways to win some awesome swag:
- Let me hear your dulcet chirps as you spread the news on twitter. Talk about The Book of Days, its snazzy cover, the giveaway. Heck, you can even mention that I’m the world’s worst shower singer for extra brownie points. Make sure you include my handle in the tweet or I’m not going to be able to see your amazing 140 characters.
2. I’ve got eight lovely blogs covering my cover reveal (ew, bad pun). Just so that I’m not making you see the same cover in eight different places, I’ve asked a different question on each of the blogs. Once you’ve answered the questions, email me your answers at k.a.barkerwrites [at] gmail [dot] com for a chance to win a prize.
3. My blog is gathering tumbleweeds. It’s making me cry harder than those creepy 1970s pictures of kids crying, but you can help me. Check out my articles, leave a non-spammy comment, and you’ll enter into the draw to win a prize. Bribery… what’s that?
And what’s the super awesome amazing no-holds-barred prize?
The lucky tweeter, question answerer, and commenter will each win:
- A signed copy of The Book of Days when it’s released in September.
- A $30 gift voucher to the bookstore of your choice so you can feed this strange reading addition.
- A hug if we ever happen to meet, to be delivered either a) bone-crunchingly hard, or b) awkward family reunion.
And your question is:
Out of these movies, which one is K.A. Barker most likely to enjoy?
a) Paint Drying: The Movie
b) Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
c) Last Year at Marienbad